Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EWEB Run to Stay Warm Half-Marathon

Well it has taken me a long time to recover from Western States. My knees seem to be bugging me. It was frustrating to miss the summer running and two of my favorite races, Waldo & McKenzie. I had a few false starts, but I think I’m finally getting my groove back (slowly). I have been doing some speed work and decided to run the Eugene Water and Electric Board (EWEB – it’s where I work) “Run to Stay Warm” half-marathon. It’s a fundraiser for folks who are having trouble paying their electric bill. The race went well I think. My fitness seemed good, but my muscles were not quite ready for that. My butt and hamstrings were especially not ready to run that fast for that far. Anyway I was happy with the time of 1:15:29 (5:45 pace) and I didn’t get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment